Home40 Things To Do Now I'm 40All About UsDisclosurePR Contact Me

Monday 30 September 2013

Review: Philips PerfectCare Aqua

GC8635_02-DPP-global-001_lowres
When my boys were younger, I had a weekly ritual. Friday night, after they had gone to bed, I would get out the ironing board, pop it in the lounge room and iron while I watched whatever movie was on. Now, I'm pretty sure back then, I was ironing things that didn't really need it - sheets, tablecloths, t-shirts etc, but I found that little weekly ritual relaxing. I had always been an ironer. It was one of the first "big girl" jobs that my mum let me do.

When I was asked to try the new Philips PerfectCare Aqua, I wondered why I stopped this ritual. Was it that I didn't have as many things that needed ironing, did I not have the time, had it become a chore? I do remember that about two years ago, my ironing board got put out in the hard rubbish as it had seen better days and I replaced it with one of those smaller table ironing boards.the plan was to use that on the bench in the laundry, but everyone kept popping stuff on the bench, and I had to clear it every time I wanted to use it - annoying! I even bought one of those steaming irons thinking that would be better, but I couldn't really use it in my laundry and if I set it up in the kitchen, of course that would be the time that everyone needed to be in there so it was just inconvenient. So, apart from Josh's work shirts, I stopped ironing regularly.

When the Philips PerfectCare Aqua arrived after I agreed to test it out, I freaked out a little - what on earth was I going to iron? I'm sure just ironing two or three work shirts for Josh wouldn't be very interesting. So began the hunt. Opening my wardrobe door and having a good look, I found a few shirts that I always bypass wearing because after I wash them they need ironing. Hmmmm, I think I accidentally found a whole new summer wardrobe in there without going shopping!

The Philips PerfectCare Aqua is the latest in a range of revolutionary steam generators and makes getting those annoying creases out of your clothing a speedy and simple experience. What I loved about the Philips PerfectCare Aqua was I could iron any item of clothing without having to worry about the temperature setting. I used to sort the clothes into piles of temperature settings – delicate through to denim so I could adjust the iron accordingly. With the Philips PerfectCare Aqua, I was able to iron the shirts pictured above (viscose, cotton, silk, polyester) without worrying about the pre-sort.The Philips PerfectCare Aqua maintains a perfect combination of temperature and steam using OptimalTemp technology so there was no need to adjust temperature settings or worry about burning clothes. It has a SteamGlide soleplate so it glided across the clothes without sticking.
The Philips PerfectCare Aqua iron only weighs 1kg so it was also nice and light compared to my iron. I loved how quickly it was ready for use (2 mins) – no more waiting for the iron to reach the temperature needed.being able to use the iron 3 ways was an added bonus – ironing without steam, steam ironing using the steam trigger and steam ironing using the steam boost function. The only issue I had the the iron overall was the position of the steam button. I found I was accidently pressing it occasionally as I normally hold my iron up high on the handle. I’m sure that’s one thing that I would used to after using the iron over a period of time.
For more information on the Philips PerfectCare Aqua head over to the Philips website
*Disclosure: I was sent a Philips PerfectCare Aqua to try for this review. Images and video, other than my own, were supplied for use in this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover